During the period of 1894, Kaviraj Muraridan ji was offered a Jagir comprised of hamlet named Chanwa. It was not very well known. He created a little Palace looking like a fortress, which is now known as Chanwa Fort.
During the period 1992, when Rajasthan became destination of tourism for the fast growing tourist traffic to western Rajasthan and influenced by the wave of restoring heritage properties, this fort was included in the heritage properties list and after restoration work was converted into heritage hotel and all the amenities to look after comfortable stay were created meeting the needs of modern traveler.
This resulted in making ready 45 Air-Conditioned Rooms having attached bathrooms. The facilities for the traveler included telephone, having access to Direct Dialing in all rooms besides availability of fax service in the hotel. Other services include the following:
• There is Room Service to the traveler for serving meals from the restaurant besides making available laundry service from the hotel.
• There is Buffet as well as Ala-carte food service in its Restaurant & Bar.
• The hotel has Gift & Handicraft Shop Health Club & Swimming Pool, Croquet etc.
• There is opportunity of walking in the village and cycling to visit its countryside.
• There in addition services of Jacuzzi, Steam, Sauna and Traditional Massages.
• Since it is near to Jodhpur, sightseeing trip to Jodhpur can be managed from here.
• There is opportunity to play Golf, do Horse riding and enjoy Camel safaris or Jeep excursion to the nearby villages is a very exciting experience.